Director of the Dzhelepov Laboratory of Nuclear Problems
Vadim Alexandrovich Bednyakov, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics.
Date and place of birth:
31 October 1957, Moscow, USSR.
Education and degrees:
- 1975–1981 Student of the Physics Department, Moscow State University
- 1985 Candidate of Sciences (Physics and Mathematics), PhD Thesis: “Development of the parton picture of nucleons in deep inelastic processes”, Laboratory of Theoretical Physics, JINR (Supervisor: Prof. P.S. Isaev)
- 1999 Doctor of Sciences (Physics and Mathematics), Thesis: “Study of the possibility of detecting supersymmetry in the rare processes and cosmology”, Laboratory of Nuclear Problems, JINR
- 1981–2001 Probation Researcher, Junior Researcher, Researcher, Senior Researcher of the Dzhelepov Laboratory of Nuclear Problems (DLNP), JINR
- 2001–2009 Chief of the Sector of Theoretical Studies of Interaction of Elementary Particles and Atomic Nuclei, DLNP
- 1993–2009 Scientific Secretary, DLNP
- Since 2004 Coordinator of JINR’s participation in the programme of physics research with the ATLAS detector
- 2009–2013 Deputy Director, DLNP
- 2010–2013 Deputy Chief Scientific Secretary of JINR
- Since 2013 Director, DLNP
Scientific and organizational activity:
- 2002–2007 Member of the BLTP Dissertation Council, JINR
- Since 2000 Member of DLNP Dissertation Council, JINR
- Since 1993 Member of the DLNP Science & Technology Council, JINR
- 2006–2008 Member of the LPP Science & Technology Council, JINR
- Since 2008 Member of the VBLHEP Science & Technology Council, JINR
- Since 2004 Member of the Editorial Board of the journal “Physics of Atomic Nuclei”, JINR
- Since 2013 Member of the Editorial Board of the journal “Physics of Elementary Particles and Atomic Nuclei”, JINR
- 1997–2005 Organizer of six conferences on the new physics in non-accelerator experiments – NANP (together with S.G.Kovalenko and V.B.Brudanin)
- Since 2012 Scientific Secretary of the Council on Neutrino Physics and Astrophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences
Permanent supervision of diploma works and of theses.
Publication of scientific and popular science literature. Translation into Russian and publication in Russia of textbooks by German scientist Prof. H.V. Klapdor-Kleingrothaus Non-Accelerator Particle Physics (1997) and Astroparticle Physics (2000).
- Physics of elementary particles beyond the Standard Model.
- Physics of neutrino and rare processes.
- Problem of dark matter registration.
- Searching for the manifestations of new physics (including supersymmetry) with extremely high collider energies, and in low-energy processes and astrophysics.
- Conducting physics research at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) with the ATLAS detector.
Author of more than 450 personal papers and reviews on elementary particle physics, dark matter problem, and neutrino physics. Co-author of about 260 papers within the ATLAS Collaboration. Author of a number of popular science articles.
JINR prizes and State awards:
- JINR prizes for the years 1985, 1998, 2005
- 2007 Veteran of Atomic Engineering and Industry
- 2009 Certificate of Honour of the Russian State Corporation on Atomic Energy
- 2013 Certificate of Honour and Medal of the Moscow Region Government
- 2013 Certificate of Honor of the Dubna Administration