Director of the Flerov Laboratory of Nuclear Reactions
Sergey N. Dmitriev, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, Professor.
Date and place of birth:
17 January 1954, Kalinin (present Tver), USSR.
Education and degrees:
- 1971–1977 Mendeleev Moscow Institute of Chemical Technology (MICT), Physical Chemistry Department
- 1980 Candidate of Science (Chem.) (PhD) («Hydration, Distribution and Separation of Zr and Hf in the Process of Extraction from Sulphuric and Nitrate Media»)
- 1996 Doctor of Science (Phys. and Math.) («Preparation of the Ultra Pure Isotopes 237Pu and 236Pu for the Study of Plutonium Human Metabolism and Radioecological Research»)
- 2000 Professor
- 1977–1980 Postgraduate student, Junior Researcher, Mendeleev MICT
- 1980–1982 Junior Researcher, Laboratory of Nuclear Reactions (LNR), JINR
- 1983–1984 Head of research group, LNR
- 1985–1989 Senior researcher, LNR
- 1989–1993 Head of sector, LNR
- 1993–1996 Head of the Centre of Applied Physics, Flerov Laboratory of Nuclear Reactions (FLNR)
- 1997–2007 Deputy Director of FLNR
- Since 2007 Director of FLNR
Scientific and organizational activity:
- Since 1995 Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (UK)
- 1997–2000 Professor of the Physical Chemistry Department of the Mendeleev University (Moscow)
- Since 2004 Member of the editorial board of the journal «Radiochemistry»
- Since 1997 Co-chairman and member of the Organizing Committees of international conferences on problems of superheavy elements and applied nuclear physics
- Since 1997 Member of the Scientific Qualifi cation Council at FLNR and FLNP, JINR
- 2011–2012 Chairman of the Scientific Programme Committee of the JINR–Rosnano Joint Company (Nanocentre «Dubna»)
- Synthesis and study of properties of superheavy elements (SHE),
- Chemical identification of SHE,
- Applied nuclear physics.
Author of more than 170 papers.
- Flerov Prize (2007)
- JINR First Prizes in 1992, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Medal of the Order “For the Merit to the Fatherland”, 1st class (2018);