Director of the Laboratory of Radiation Biology
Evgeny Aleksandrovich Krasavin, Doctor of Science (Biology), Professor, RAS Corresponding Member.
Date and place of birth:
20 April 1942, Dubna, Moscow Region, USSR.
Education and degrees:
- 1959–1965 Ivanovo State Medical Institute
- 1968–1971 Postgradudate study at the Institute of Biomedical Problems of the USSR Ministry of Health (specialty: Radiobiology)
- 1971 Candidate of Science (Medicine) (“Radio biological Effects of Heavy Ions and Study of the Action of Modifying Factors”)
- 1985 Doctor of Science (Biology) (“Mechanisms Underlying the Differences in the Biological Effectiveness of Radiations with Different Physical Characteristics”)
- 1989 Professor
- 2011 RAS Corresponding Member (Department of Physiology and Fundamental Medicine; specialty: Medical Radiobiology)
- 1971–1980 Researcher at the Institute of Biomedical Problems of the USSR Ministry of Health
- 1980–1985 Senior Researcher at the Laboratory of Nuclear Problems (LNP), JINR
- 1985–1988 Head of the Biology Research Sector, LNP, JINR
- 1988–1995 Head of the Biophysics Department, LNP, JINR
- 1995–2005 Head of the Department of Radiation and Radiobiological Research, JINR
- Since 2005 Director of the Laboratory of Radiation Biology, JINR
Scientific and organizational activity:
- Member of the RAS Scientific Councils on Radiobiology and Heavy Ion Physics;
- Member of the Coordination Scientific and Technical Council of the Russian Federal Space Agency;
- Member of programme and organizing committees of international workshops and conferences;
- Member of the editorial boards of a number of scientific journals.
- Since 1998 Head of the Department of Biophysics, Dubna University.
- Supervisor of theses and diploma papers;
- Lecturer at international schools.
- Biological action of ionizing radiations with different physical characteristics;
- Radiobiological effects;
- Radiation-induced mutagenesis;
- Cytogenetic effects of low radiation doses;
- Action of accelerated ions on the structures and functions of the central nervous system;
- Mathematical modeling of biophysical systems.
Author and co-author of more than 270 works and 3 monographs.
Awards and honors:
- Honorable Diploma of JINR for many years fruitful activity (1996);
- NASA’s Group Achievement Award within The LRO Team (2010);
- Medal of the Order “For the Service for Homeland”, Second class (2012).
- The Medal to the Order “For Services for the Country”, 2nd class (1996);
- The honorary title “Moscow Region’s Distinguished Person of Science and Technology” (2001);
- The honorary badge “Russian Federation’s Distinguished Person of Science and Technology” (2006); the Medal “50 Years of Poland’s Membership in JINR” (2006);
- The Honorary Commemorative Medal “For Services to Science and the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research” (2011);
- The Yuri Gagarin Medal for Services to Russian Cosmonautics (2011);
- Kublai Khan Gold Medal (the highest award of the Mongolian Academy of Sciences (2013);
- JINR Prizes (1981, 1987, 1991, 1999, 2008, 2009).