Chief Scientific Secretary of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research
Nikolai A. Russakovich, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics.
Date and place of birth:
9 April 1953, Mogilev, Belarus
- 1970–1975 Belarussian State University
- 1987 Candidate of Science (Phys. and Math.) («Investigation of Colour Screening Effects in Processes of Binary and Inclusive Charge Exchange at an Energy of 10 GeV»)
- 1993 Doctor of Science (Phys. and Math.) («Meson Quark Structure Effects at the Interaction of Mesons with Nucleons and Nuclei»)
- 1976–1978 Junior Researcher, Institute of Physics, Belarussian Academy of Sciences
- 1979–1987 Engineer, Senior Engineer, Researcher, Laboratory of Nuclear Problems (LNP), JINR
- 1988–1991 Deputy Director for Research, LNP, JINR
- 1992–1993 Chief Scientific Secretary of JINR
- 1993–2003 Director, DLNP, JINR
- 2003–2005 Advisor of the Directorate of JINR, Chief Researcher, DLNP, JINR
- Since 2006 Chief Scientific Secretary of JINR
- 1995–1998 Member of the Scientific Coordination Council, Institute for High Energy Physics, Protvino (Serpukhov)
- 1997–1998 Lecturer in experimental high energy physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- 1999–2008 Head of the Chair «Physics Methods in Applied Research and Medicine» at Moscow Engineering Physics Institute
- Since 1999 Chairman of the Dissertation Council of JINR for the defense of Doctorate theses
- Since 2011 Member of the Executive Committee of the ATLAS project
- Experimental elementary particle physics,
- Exotic meson states,
- Experimental data processing methods.
Author and co-author of more than 250 scientific papers.