The First LIGO Open Data Workshop 2018: the state of arts, new opportunities, and perspectives
BLTP Joint Laboratory Seminar
Date and Time: Thursday, 17 May 2018, at 3:00 PM
Venue: Blokhintsev Hall (4th floor), Bogoliubov Laboratory of Theoretical Physics
Seminar topic: «The First LIGO Open Data Workshop 2018: the state of arts, new opportunities, and perspectives»
Speaker: Fiziev P.P. (BLTP and Sofia University)
As a participant of the First LIGO Open Data Workshop, California Institute of Technology, March 2018, I will give:
- A review of the Workshop and of the basis talks.
- Information about present state of the research of gravitational waves.
- Information about the new policy of LIGO Open Science Collaboration (LOSC) which for the first time offers access to all available data, as well as about the used software for their analysis.
- Some details of the used methods, existing difficulties and collaboration proposals.
- A proposal for creating an international group for data analysis of gravitational waves at JINR, including BLTP, LIT and all other laboratories, that are interested to join the Mega project for gravitational waves research in the Russian Federation (to be discussed on 22-23 May 2018 at Dubna).