Information centres (IC) of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research are established to expand and strengthen the JINR partner network in research, scientific staff training, and science popularisation.
Key goals of Information Centres:
- disseminate information about JINR activities, as well as forms and formats of participation in work of the Institute;
- promote the popularisation of the multilateral scientific research programme and training programmes implemented in the frames of JINR, as well as scientific and technological achievements of JINR;
- support joint scientific research between JINR and the Organization and its partners in accordance with the main directions of the JINR scientific programme;
- form an audience for JINR personnel training and advanced training programmes;
- encourage exchange of experience in scientific cooperation and training programmes, as well as new projects and initiatives in these areas;
- promote the mobility of scientific and engineering personnel;
- contribute to the expansion of the partner network and the international scientific community of JINR;
- actively spread ideas of scientific enlightenment.