JINR Postdoctoral Programme
Call for applications
The Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (JINR) is looking for postdoctoral fellows and has officially opened its call for applications for various scientific research positions. The new positions are a part of a special programme aimed at reinforcing the scientific personnel involved in the realisation of JINR’s top-priority projects in the fields of theoretical and experimental physics of elementary particles, relativistic heavy-ion physics, nuclear physics, condensed matter physics, and radiobiology.
The Programme provides an opportunity for talented early-stage researchers, who wish for science and engineering to be noticed, to get involved in the forefront international projects of the scientific and technical progress at JINR in Dubna.
The successful applicant is expected to have experience and a solid background in nuclear or particle physics, or in a closely related field (including a recently obtained PhD degree).
The successful applicant should be able to work well in an international environment, such as large multinational collaborations. The applicant is also expected to take on responsibilities for experiments and analytical work and should be able to work independently as needed.
Activities and Work Context
The Programme is highly beneficial since it makes most of the research and training opportunities created by JINR projects. It includes a wide range of topics such as neutrino and nuclear physics, biophysics, materials research (including nanomaterials), high-performance computing, accelerator technology, superconducting magnets, theory.
The original appointment will be for one year, with the possibility to renew it for another two years max. (36 month in total).
2,300 USD per month, paid in Russian rubles at the planned exchange rate (forecast year-average), which is adopted with the JINR budget for the current year. In 2023, the exchange rate is 69.2 Russian rubles per 1 USD.
Income tax of 13 % is applied. The employer shall pay no pension insurance.
- 1 March – Opening (vacancies are announced and accepting applications begins).
- 1 April – Closing (applications are no longer accepted).
- 1 May – The results are announced to the applicants.
- 15 May – Formalities for employment are put in motion.
- 15 September –The beginning of the contract (may be modified in connection to the visa procedure).
- 1 October – Opening (vacancies are announced and accepting applications begins).
- 1 November – Closing (applications are no longer accepted).
- 1 December – The results are announced to the applicants.
- 15 December – Formalities for employment are put in motion.
- 15 April – The beginning of the contract (may be modified in connection to the visa procedure).
Please circulate this information to any colleagues you may feel could be interested.