Acting Director of the Veksler and Baldin Laboratory of High Energy Physics
Andrey Valerievich Butenko, Candidate of Technical Sciences.
Date and place of birth:
17 April 1974, Dubna, Moscow Region, USSR
- 1991–1996 Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (MGSU), Faculty of Industrial and Civil Construction
- 1997–2000 Post-graduate programme “01.04.20 Beam and Charged Particle Physics and Accelerator Technology” at JINR University Centre
- 2012 Candidate of Technical Sciences (“Upgrade of the vacuum system of the Nuclotron and the acceleration system of low-intensity Xe beams at the VBLHEP accelerator complex”).
- 1996–2007 Engineer, Senior Engineer, Chief Engineer of Beam Department, LHE JINR
- 2007–2009 Chief Engineer of the basic facility Nuclotron at VBLHEP JINR, Head of the Injector and Nuclotron Department, VBLHEP JINR
- Since 2014 Interim Head of the Accelerator Division, VBLHEP JINR
- 2020–2022 Deputy Director for Scientific Work, VBLHEP JINR
- Since 2022 VBLHEP JINR Acting Director.
Scientific and organizational activity:
- 2011–2017 Supervisor of the construction and launch of a new fore-injector for the light ion linear accelerator LU-20, then of the Heavy Ion Linear Accelerator of the NICA Injection Complex
- 2013–2022 Supervisor of the design, assembly, and commissioning of the NICA Complex Booster Synchrotron
- Since 2018 Co-leader of the Nuclotron-NICA Project on the construction of the NICA/MPD Accelerator-Experimental Complex aimed at search for new phenomena and studying processes of phase transitions of nuclear matter in high energy heavy-ion collisions
- 2000–2007 Senior Lecturer of the Department of Electrophysical Facilities of the MIREA Branch in Dubna
- Since 2007 Member of the VBLHEP Science and Technology Council
- 2014–2019 Member of the JINR Science and Technology Council
Specialist in the field of superconducting cyclic and linear ion accelerators. Theoretical and experimental research in the field of ion beam dynamics in superconducting synchrotrons.
Author and co-author of more than 130 scientific papers.
Honorary titles, awards:
- 2006 Certificate of Honour of the Main Department for Labor and Social Affairs of the Moscow region
- 2010 II JINR Prize
- 2011 JINR Certificate of Honour
- 2016 Certificate of Honour of State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom
- 2016 I VBLHEP JINR Prize
- 2017 I VBLHEP JINR Prize
- 2017 II JINR Prize
- 2020 Certificate of Honour of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation
- 2021 I JINR Prize
- 2021 Medal “For Contribution to the Implementation of State Policy in the Field of Scientific and Technological Development”
- 2022 Commendation of the Governor of the Moscow Region