Awards on JINR Foundation Day
Media, 26 March 2022
On 25 March, a festive meeting was held in the JINR Scientists’ Club dedicated to the Foundation Day of the Joint Institute. Participants summed up the results of the previous, jubilee year of JINR. Governmental and industrial awards were presented to Institute’s employees, and grants for Dubna teachers were awarded.
Director of the Joint Institute RAS Academician Grigory Trubnikov in his welcoming speech noted that the Institute worked effectively in the past year. “JINR is full of energy and plans. We have achieved a lot during the anniversary year. On the JINR Foundation Day, the Institute’s Directorate expresses gratitude to the JINR team, as well as hundreds of partners worldwide, for their contribution to the development of the bright scientific centre, our common International Home on the Volga,” Grigory Trubnikov said.
Head of Dubna Sergey Kulikov congratulated the Joint Institute on the 66th anniversary, “The Institute and Dubna are inextricably linked. JINR has not only great past but also fascinating future. The organization is actively developing.”
Following the tradition, on the Day of JINR talented teachers of Dubna – winners of the JINR Grant Competition for teachers of the city – were honored. In the festive atmosphere of the event, JINR Director Grigory Trubnikov and Head of Dubna Sergey Kulikov presented awards to Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, IT, Biology, English and Russian teachers, as well as to teachers of additional education. When considering the applications, the jury focused on the subjects and educational technologies that are necessary for training future JINR staff. For 22 years of the competition’s existence, 210 teachers have already received awards. This year, the JINR Directorate has decided to increase the number of grants from 10 to 12.
“It is an honour for JINR to organize this competition and thus express the Institute’s gratitude to teachers for their labour, patience, and kindness,” Grigory Trubnikov said. Head of the Dubna City Administration Sergey Kulikov also highlighted the importance of the JINR competition and the Institute’s contribution to school education, “This academic year has been marked with the opening of the Physics and Mathematics Lyceum established on the initiative of JINR. It is now an aid in the career guidance of school children.”
The festive event was concluded with the presentation of governmental and industrial awards to the best employees of the Institute.
VBLHEP Honorary Director Igor Savin received the Rosatom’s Badge “For international cooperation in nuclear industry”.
The Medal “For distinguished labour” III degree of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia was awarded to:
- DLNP JINR chief researcher Nikolay Russakovich
- Head of the DLNP JINR Scientific and Experimental Department of Elementary Particles Alexander Olshevsky
Diplomas of the relevant Ministry were presented to:
- Deputy Head of the Legal Department Liudmila Boriskina
- HRRMD Deputy Head Natalia Lenskaya
- Consultant to JINR Directorate Irina Leonovich
- Assistant to the JINR Director for Security Alexander Mikhan
- Head of the Labour & Wages Office Galina Sustina
- Head of the Social Infrastructure Management Office Andrey Tamonov
Notes of acknowledgement of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia were awarded to:
- LRB JINR Director Aleksandr Bugay
- Head of the Motor Transport Service Victor Zhuravlev
- Editor-in-chief of the JINR Weekly Newspaper “Dubna: science, cooperation, progress” Evgeny Molchanov
- Chief specialist of the Department of Science Organization Activities Natalia Sissakian
- Head of the Scientific Information Department Boris Starchenko
- Assistant Chief Engineer of JINR Evgeny Uglov
- Head of the Publishing Department Anastasia Shabashova
JINR Deputy Chief Engineer Andrey Dudarev received the note of acknowledgement of the Governor of the Moscow region.