Dubna University and MEPhI signed an agreement
Education, 08 November 2018
In May 2018, at the meeting of Academician Yu.Ts. Oganessian, Rector of the Dubna University D.V. Fursaev and UC JINR Director S.Z. Pakuliak discussed with leaders of MEPhI and leading scientists and professors of the Institute of Nuclear Physics and Technologies the topical issue of improving the engineer training of graduates of the University “Dubna”.
The result of the meeting was signing of a Memorandum on cooperation between the NRNU “MEPhI” and the University “Dubna”. The aim of signing this agreement is development of partnership relations between the universities and their intention to support educational, scientific and social activities as well as mutual interests in the fields of development of higher education and carrying out scientific research.
The universities agreed on cooperation in the following fields:
- Development of joint research programmes;
- Use of the research infrastructures;
- Exchange of curriculum and scientific information;
- Organization of bilateral joint symposiums, seminars and conferences;
- Student exchange for studying educational programmes;
- Development of engineering education in the universities;
- Search of opportunities for holding joint and complex programmes for masters and post-graduates.
In connection with development of engineering education in the Dubna University, establishing the Engineering-Physical Institute and International School of Engeneering in the University, strengthening of partner relations with leading universities and scientific centres of our country will have a strategic importance.