19th International Baikal School
Education, 12 July 2019
Today, on 12 July 2019, the 19th International Summer School on Particle Physics and Astrophysics was launched in the settlement Bolshie Koty, on the bank of Baikal Lake.
The School is organized jointly by the Irkutsk State University and the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research.
PhD and Master students, as well as postgraduates and young scientists from Germany, Italy, Kazakhstan, Slovakia, Spain, Russia, and Ukraine will take part in the School.
Participants will have a week of lectures and vivid discussions with stars of world science. Organizers of the School offer a unique experience of full “Siberian style” scientific immersion:
- a week of lectures given by invited experts in experimental and theoretical particle physics and astroparticle physics,
- plenty of time for questions and informal discussions with lecturers,
- intensive study sessions in small groups,
- an opportunity to present a talk or poster of own work,
- friendly atmosphere, new contacts and friends,
- and finally the stunning views of the lake Baikal and Siberian Taiga.