Conference on Neutron Scattering in Condensed Matter
News, 14 September 2018
Conference on Neutron Scattering for Condensed Matter Investigations 2018 continues a more than half a century tradition of holding these meetings, which gather scientists once in two years for discussion practically all problems solved by neutron scattering.
The conference 2018 will be held from 17 to 21 September 2018 in Peterhof, St. Petersburg.
Organizers of the Conference in 2018 are the Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute named by B.P. Konstantinov of National Research Centre «Kurchatov Institute», the St. Petersburg State University, the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, the Interregional Innovative Development Center and the Russian Neutron Scattering Society.
The purpose of the conference is to summarize the scientific results of neutron research conducted in recent years, to discuss current problems solved by neutron methods, to coordinate scientific topics in accordance with the capabilities of different mega-facilities and scientific teams working at them. Russian and foreign scientists will present their reports on a number of directions, in which they will report on success and problems of Russian neutron centres.
- Crystal structures and elementary excitations;
- Magnetic structures and interactions;
- Magnetism and polarized neutrons;
- Strongly correlated electronic systems;
- Non-crystalline materials, polymers and liquids;
- Biological systems;
- Layered structures, thin films and surfaces;
- Fundamental interactions and properties of a neutron;
- Neutron sources;
- Instruments and methods of neutron experiment;
- Functional materials, materials science and applied research (energy, environment, geophysics, cultural heritage);
- Neutron Scattering and Complementary Experimental Techniques;
- Theoretical aspects of neutron scattering.
In the framework of the Conference, the Youth Conference on Neutron Scattering in Condensed Matter will be held. Young scientists will have an opportunity to deliver oral reports.