«Current Problems in Radiation Genetics»
News, 26 June 2019
A two-day International Conference “Current Problems in Radiation Genetics” will be started tomorrow, on 27 June 2019 in the International Conference Hall, in Dubna. The conference will be opened by a welcoming speech of the Director of the Laboratory of Radiation Biology JINR, RAS Corresponding Member E. A. Krasavin. RAS Academician I. B. Ushakov, Professor A. I. Gaziev, Professor A. V. Rubanovich will also welcome participants of the Conference.
The organizers of the Conference are the Laboratory of Radiation Biology JINR (LRB), the Scientific Council on Radiobiology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) and the RAS Radiobiological Society.
The conference program will include the discussion of modern experimental data on the mechanisms of the formation of genetic and epigenetic changes in organisms exposed to different doses of different ionizing radiations and consequences of these changes.
The main topics of the Conference will be as follows:
- Induction of molecular and genetic damage by ionizing radiations with different physical characteristics
- Genetic and epigenetic changes caused by ionizing radiation exposure
- Gene expression after exposure to low and high doses of ionizing radiation
- Ionizing radiation exposure action on mitochondrial genetics
- Factors and development mechanisms of genome instability