International Workshop on the NICA accelerator
News, 07 September 2018
On 8 – 15 September 2018, the International Workshop “NICA accelerating complex: problems and solutions — 2018” will be held in Sozopol, Bulgaria.
Organizers of the Sozopol Workshop are the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research and the Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Implementation of the NICA project and discussion of the results of the Nuclotron runs in 2016-2018 will be the main themes of the Workshop.
- Modern heavy ion accelerator developments: cyclic accelerator, storage rings and colliders
- NICA project status
- High energy beam transportation channels: problems and solutions
- Beam dynamics in synchrotrons and storage rings
- Application of beam cooling methods in NICA Collider to achieve maximal luminosity
- High-current power supplies for superconducting accelerators
- Technique of cold tests and magnetic measurements for fast cycling SC magnets
- Development of complex vacuum systems for superconducting accelerators
- Ion sources, linear accelerator structures and injectors
- Cryogenics and superconducting technologies
- Accelerator diagnostic and control systems, automatization of complex engineering systems