V Summer School “Physics. Mathematics. IT” finished
News, 04 August 2020
On 30 July, the V Summer School “Physics. Mathematics. IT” for senior school students was completed. Participants had 6 days of extensive work on projects, lectures, excursions, interesting meetings online!
63 school students who had passed the competitive selection gained new knowledge in practice: they solved tasks on theoretical physics, created software, built neural networks, controlled electronics, made movies and engineered.
The morning programme consisted of popular science lectures:
- about experiments and discoveries of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research,
- about big data and how it helps physicists,
- about multimedia developments,
- about the effects of radiation on humans,
- what is free mathematical thinking and how to acquire it.
The second half of the day was dedicated to teamwork on projects. Topics of the projects were presented by professors of the University, researchers and engineers of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research.
Participants solved real professional tasks in the fields of electronics, physics, neural networks, programming under the supervision of highly qualified specialists.
There were eight projects:
- “Web-interface for a photo gallery”;
- “Geometrical structure of classical mechanics”;
- “Let’s get acquainted, your neural network”;
- “Detective with temperature”;
- “Current and voltage lords”;
- “Self-made cinema maker”;
- “Carbon fiber boomerang”;
- “Fascinating Universe”.
As a result of the work, students defended their projects which were evaluated by the jury and participants themselves.
This year, students from Yekaterinburg, Penza, Ufa, Nizhny Tagil, Volgograd, Nizhny Novgorod, Krasnodar and 20 other cities of Russia took part in the event.
The School at the University “Dubna” is held in cooperation with the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research. JINR and the University “Dubna” support talented school children who can then take unique student courses of the Dubna School of Engineering and the School “Data Science Dubna”.
Source: State University “Dubna”