“Actual Problems of Microworld Physics” – 2018
News, 08 August 2018
The 14th International School-Conference “The Actual Problems of Microworld Physics” will be held on 12 – 24 August 2018 in the Resort Hotel «Ozerny» near Grodno city in Belarus. The School-Conference is dedicated to the memory of Professor Nikolai Shumeiko, the famous Belarusian scientist and science organizer, member of the JINR Scientific Council, Director of the Research and Training Centre of Particle Physics and High Energy of the Research Institute for Nuclear Problems of the Belarusian State University.
The organizers of the 14th School-Conference are the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (Dubna), the Institute for Nuclear Problems of the Belarusian State University (Belarus), the B.I. Stepanov Institute of Physics of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (Belarus) and the Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno (Belarus).
This year, about 130 participants is expected to take part in the School-Conference.
Lecturers from JINR, its Member States and other countries will deliver lectures on the following topics:
- Recent experimental results from World Accelerator Centers (CERN, JINR, KEK, DESY, GSI, FermiLab, SLAC);
- Research programs with ions (NICA, LHC, FAIR);
- Future experiments at LHC and other planned colliders;
- Non-accelerator Physics;
- New trends in Quantum Field Theory;
- Relativistic Nuclear Physics;
- Astrophysics and Cosmology;
- Nuclear Medicine;
- Modern methods in modelling and data processing;
- Nuclear Electronics and Detectors;
- New Trends in Information Technologies, Materials Engineering and Facilities Design.