International Conference RNIKS-2021 starts
News, 24 September 2021
On 27 September 2021, the International Conference “Neutron Scattering in Condensed Matter Research” (RNIKS-2021) will be opened. The Conference is organised with the support of the Frank Laboratory of Neutron Physics JINR.
The Conference will be held from 27 September to 1 October at M. N. Mikheev Institute of Metal Physics of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
The Conference will cover the following topics:
- Crystal structures and elementary excitations
- Magnetic structures and interactions
- Magnetism and polarized neutrons
- Strongly correlated electronic systems
- Non-crystalline materials, polymers and liquids
- Surfaces, thin films and multilayer structures
- Biological systems
- Functional materials, materials science and applied research (energy, environment, geophysics, cultural heritage)
- Basic research with neutrons
- Theoretical aspects of neutron scattering
- Reactor PIK: scientific program and instrumentation
- Sources of neutrons
- Devices and methods of neutron experiment
- Experimental methods complementary to neutron scattering
RNIKS has been the largest national platform for discussions of the latest achievements in the fields of neutron scattering used for condensed matter research for more than half of a century. It is the second time the Joint Institute has co-organised the event.
More details are available via the link.