The Resolution of the 122nd session of the JINR Scientific Council was published
Organization, 09 October 2017
The JINR Scientific Council determines the research policy of the Institute. The JINR Scientific Council consists of eminent scientists from the Member States as well as famous researchers from China, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Switzerland, the USA, the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and others. The Scientific Council holds its sessions at least two times a year.
The Scientific Council:
- evaluates the results of the scientific activities of the Institute,
- draws conclusions on the plans of scientific research of the Institute, submitted by its Director, and on the reports on their implementation,
- makes an expert examination of the proposals of the Director and individual members of the Institute on the development of new scientific programmes and projects,
- works out recommendations on the improvement of the scientific activities of the Institute,
- defines its own rules and procedures and submits them to the Committee of Plenipotentiaries for approval,
- sends its recommendations on the considered issues to the Chairman of the Committee of Plenipotentiaries.