VIII Congress on radiation research
News, 11 October 2021
On 12 October, the VIII Congress on radiation research starts. The organisers of the event are the RAS Scientific Council on Radiobiology, the Russian Radiobiological Society RAS, Burnasyan Federal Medical Biophysical Centre of FMBA, and the Laboratory of Radiation Biology of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research.
The Congress is a traditional event of the Russian Radiobiological Society. The meetings will be held in the Conference Hall of the Burnasyan Centre of FMBA of Russia in a mixed format: there will be in-person and online reports. 14 online section meetings are planned. More than 300 specialists from leading institutes of Russia, Belarus, and Azerbaijan will take part in them.
Radiation science is a complex research field that covers many scientific areas, such as biology, chemistry, physics, and medicine related to radiation. Each of the directions has greatly advanced in recent years. The main topics of the VIII Congress are related to the development of the topical issues of radiobiology, radioecology, and radiation safety. At plenary sessions and meetings of the Congress, participants will discuss the latest results of fundamental studies, practical recommendations, and prospects for the research development in all the fields of radiation research:
- Molecular, genetic, cellular mechanisms of impact of large and small radiation doses on living organisms.
- Biomedical aspects of radiation effect, radiobiology of tumours, radiation carcinogenesis. Radiation diagnostics and therapy of tumours.
- New ways and means of radiation protection and mitigation of effects of radiation exposure.
- Mechanisms of accelerated heavy ions and space radiobiology.
- Radiobiology of non-ionizing radiation and electromagnetic safety.
- Radioecological issues. The combined effect of radiation and other environmental factors.
- Issues of radiation safety and rating, radiation biomarkers, issues of radiation physics and dosimetry.
- Training of specialists in radiobiology and radioecology.
We are kindly inviting for participation in the Congress everyone interested in the mentioned scientific fields, staff members of scientific institutes and centres, teaching staff of universities, postgraduates, students, as well as representatives of enterprises and companies engaged in commercialisation in the fields of radiation technologies, the production of special radiation and dosimetric equipment.
The programme of plenary sessions and schedule of online events are available on the website of the RAS Scientific Council on Radiobiology.