Workshop on Physics of Strong Interacting Systems
News, 30 August 2018
From 2 to 7 September 2018, the JINR/BLTP – SKLTP/CAS Joint Workshop on Physics of Strong Interacting Systems will be held in Saint Petersburg (Hotel Moscow).
The Workshop is organized jointly by the Bogoliubov Laboratory of Theoretical Physics and the Key Laboratory of Frontiers in Theoretical Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences with the support of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
During the Workshop there will be discussions within already existing collaborations. Moreover, new collaborations will be created to solve the problems of common interest.
The programme of the Workshop covers the following topics:
- Study of complete fusion reactions leading to superheavy nuclei
- Quasifission and transfer-type reactions, production of exotic nuclei
- Shape- and K-isomers in heaviest nuclei
- Production of unknown isotopes
- The cluster approach to fission of nuclei
- Complex emission from strongly excited nuclei
- Structure of nuclei with modern microscopical methods
- The equation of state of isospin asymmetric nuclear matter
- Decays of exotic nuclei
The upcoming workshop will comprise three days dedicated to scientific reports as well as one day for both reports and excursions. This year 16 reports will be delivered by JINR scientists.
This series of Workshops was started in 2010, when the first Workshop was held in the BLTP JINR in Dubna. Since then, the Workshop has been held every year, alternately in the People’s Republic of China and Dubna.