JINR Prizes for 2019
News, 27 February 2020
The following JINR annual prizes for best papers in the fields of scientific research, methodology, research and technology, and applied research were awarded by the decision of the 127th session of the JINR Scientific Council that was held in the International Conference Hall on 20 – 21 February 2020:
I. For theoretical research papers
“Theory of groups and symmetries. Representations of groups and Lie algebras. Applications.”
Authors: Authors: A. Isaev, V. Rubakov.
- “Study of multinucleon transfer reactions as a method for production of new heavy and superheavy nuclei”.
Authors: A. Karpov, V. Saiko.
- “Ab initio quantum-chemical approach to the study of the crystal field and quantum magnetism in transition metal oxides”.
Authors: L. Siurakshina, V. Yushankhai, P. Fulde, L. Hozoi, J. van den Brink.
II. For experimental research papers
- “Measurement of the energy spectra of reactor antineutrinos in the DANSS project”.
Authors: V. Belov, V. Brudanin, I. Zhitnikov, S. Kazartsev, A. Kuznetsov, D. Medvedev, M. Fomina, E. Shevchik, M. Shirchenko, Yu. Shitov.
- “Detailed study of the structure of 6Be in the charge-exchange reaction 1Н(6Li, 6Be)n”.
Authors: V. Chudoba, L. Grigorenko, M. Golovkov, A. Gorshkov, S. Krupko, S. Sidorchuk, E. Nikolskii, G. Ter-Akopian, A. Fomichev, P. Sharov.
“Study of rare and search for forbidden decays of charged kaons”.
Authors: E. Goudzovski, V. Kekelidze, D. Madigozhin, M. Misheva, Yu. Potrebenikov, S. Shkarovskiy.
III. For methodology, research and technology papers
“Development, construction and commissioning of the DC-280 cyclotron of the Factory of superheavy elements at FLNR, JINR”.
Authors: B. Gikal, G. Gulbekian, S. Dmitriev, I. Ivanenko, N. Kazarinov, I. Kalagin, N. Osipov, S. Pashchenko, N. Pchelkin, V. Semin.
- “Innovative method of increasing the light collection from scintillation detectors of the Mu2e experiment veto system”.
Authors: A. Artikov, Ju. Budagov, I. Vasiliev, V. Glagolev, Yu. Davydov, A. Simonenko, Yu. Kharzheev, D. Chokheli, E. Dukes, C. Group.
- “First stage of the BM@N GEM central tracking system”.
Authors: A. Galavanov, S. Vasiliev, E. Kulish, M. Kapishin, A. Makankin, A. Maksymchuk, S. Khabarov.
IV. For applied research and technology papers
- “Application of neutron diffraction to study structural and microstructural transformations of Li-ion electrode materials during operation”.
Authors: I. Bobrikov, A. Balagurov, N. Samoylova, S. Sumnikov, O. Ivanshina, R. Vasin.
- “Research on molecular damage formation in genetic structures of human and mammalian cells after exposure to low and intermediate-energy accelerated heavy ions”.
Authors: A. Boreyko, T. Bulanova, M. Zadnepryanets, E. Krasavin, E. Kruglyakova, E. Smirnova, G. Timoshenko.
“Neutron radiography and tomography at the pulsed high-flux IBR-2 reactor: development of the experimental facility and results of the interdisciplinary applied research”.
Authors: D. Kozlenko, S. Kichanov, A. Belushkin, E. Lukin, K. Nazarov, A. Rutkauskas, G. Bokuchava, B. Savenko, I. Saprikina.
V. Encouraging prize
“Features of population of isomeric states in reactions with weakly bound nuclei”.
Authors: N. Skobelev, Yu. Penionzhkevich, S. Lukyanov, Yu. Sobolev, V. Burjan, J. Mrázek, E. Šimečková, N. Demekhina.
JINR prizes are awarded for outstanding experimental, methodological and applied research on JINR scientific themes. Research papers should correspond to the world science level and should be completed in the current year. Annually 11 people including a secretary are appointed as a jury by the JINR Directorate to consider presented research papers. The jury consists of representatives of the JINR Directorate and leading scientists. The decision on the award of JINR prizes becomes operative after confirmation given by the JINR Scientific Council during its winter session.Regulation for JINR prizes (Rus)