General Information on Cooperation
The Republic of Cuba became the member state of the Joint institute of nuclear research. Committee of plenipotentiaries of the governments of JINR member states, having considered the intention of the government the Republic of Cuba to join the JINR.
The first staff member in JINR from Cuba was DR. CASTRO DIAZ BALART who worked during the period of 1972–1974 under the name of Jose Raul Fernandez Diaz.
The first collaborators from Cuba there were the theoretical physicists Rolando Durán, Jorge Molina and Carlos Rodriguez. Then the group of the Cuban employees in JINR considerably grew on — Cubans worked not only in LTP, but also in other JINR laboratories (LNR, LNP, LIT).
In the early 80s JINR staﬀ members visited their colleagues in Havana many times to work on the microtron construction in Cuba.
1981. 25th anniversary of JINR. Plenipotentiary representative of the Republic of Cuba in JINR O.L.Caballero presents a congratulatory address to the JINR Director Academician N.N.Bogoliubov
1983 – 1989
Professor ELIAS ENTRALGO was the Vice Director of JINR during this period.
Unfortunately, owing to a number of circumstances since 1997 Cuba practically didn’t participate in activity of JINR. More dense labor relations renewed in 2006.
JORGE FERNÁNDEZ CHAMERO was appointed the Plenipotentiary representative of the Republic of Cuba.
Jorge Fernández Chamero and M.G.Itkis
The beginning of the Cuba membership in JINR renewal process. During some time the negotiations with the scientific adviser to the President of the Republic of Cuba Prof. Fidel Castro Díaz-Balart, and also with representatives of the Government and management of Agency on atomic energy and advanced technologies (AENTA) were held.
G.M.Arzumanyan, Fidel Castro Díaz-Balart, M.G.Itkis, N.A.Russakovich
Professor FIDEL CASTRO DIAZ-BALART, the Advisor to the President of Republic of Cuba, Vice-President of the Academy of Science of Cuba was appointed the Plenipotentiary representative of the Republic of Cuba.
Within the framework of cooperation renewal Cuban physicists Dr. Antonio Leyva Fabelo and MSc. Adelmo Montalvan Estrada were delegated to JINR to work in the Dzhelepov Laboratory of Nuclear Problems and the Flerov Laboratory of Nuclear Reaction.
2015A delegation of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment of Cuba headed by Minister Dr. Elba Rosa Pérez Montoya visited JINR on 2 June 2015. Students from Cuba came to JINR to participate in the International Student Practice of the University Centre.
Delegation of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment of Cuba
Executive of the contacts with the Republic of Cuba, Deputy Director of the JINR Science Organization & International Cooperation Office.
+7 (49621) 6-58-39
+7 (49621) 6-26-36 (secretary)
Scientists from the Republic of Cuba participate in scientific themes of the Topical Plan for JINR Research and International Cooperation in 2018.
At present, JINR actively cooperates with the Higher Institute of Applied Science and Technology (Havana).
The Plenipotentiary representative of the government of the Republic of Cuba in JINR from 2012 to the present day is Professor FIDEL CASTRO DIAZ-BALART, Scientific Advisor to the President of Republic of Cuba.
Presently the member of the JINR Scientific Council is Dr. Angelina Díaz García, Director of the Centre of Technological Applications and Nuclear Development – CEADEN (Havana, Cuba).
- On 22 August 2017, a JINR delegation participated in the 2nd Meeting of Russia-Cuba Working group on cooperation in science, technology and environment
- The JINR Days in Latin America were held on 1-5 February 2016 in Havana in the frames of the celebration of the 60th anniversary of JINR. Leaders of JINR participated in the festive events
- 22 December 2015, Dubna. According to the long-term tradition to congratulate employees of the JINR Member States on national holidays, for the first time in many years, the JINR Directorate has an opportunity to congratulate representatives of the Cuban national group at JINR Dr. Antonio Leyva Fabelo and MSc. Adelmo Montalvan Estrada, who have been working in the Laboratory of Nuclear Problems and the Laboratory of Nuclear Reactions since the end of 2014, on the Liberation Day in Cuba, which is officially celebrated on January 1
- A delegation from Cuba headed by Director of the Department of International Relations Advisor for Science of the State Council of the Republic of Cuba Ms. Lídice Gutierrez visited JINR on 24 November 2015
- July 2015. Students from Cuba came to JINR to participate in the International Student Practice of the Iniversity Centre
- A delegation of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment of Cuba headed by Minister Dr. Elba Rosa Pérez Montoya visited JINR on 2 June 2015
- Rector of the Higher Institute of Technology and Applied Sciences Dr. Barbara Garea Moreda and other members of the directorate of this Cuban education Institution visited JINR and the International University of Nature, Society and Man «Dubna» on 9 December 2014
- September 2014. The Republic of Cuba sent their representatives Senior Scientific Researchers Dr. Antonio Leyva Fabelo and MSc. Adelmo Montalvan Estrada to JINR to work in the Dzhelepov Laboratory of Nuclear Problems and the Flerov Laboratory of Nuclear Reactions
- JINR Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Cuba Professor Fidel Castro Diaz-Balart became Honored Professor of the Lomonosov Moscow State University on 27 September 2013
- On 12 February 2013, JINR Vice-Director M.G.Itkis and Head of the JINR International Cooperation Department D.V.Kamanin visited the Embassy of the Republic of Cuba in Moscow at the invitation of Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Cuba to the Russian Federation Mr. Emilio Lozada Garsia
- At the invitation of JINR Plenipotentiary of Cuba Jorge L. Fernández Chamero JINR delegation headed by JINR Acting Director M.G.Itkis visited Habana on 25-30 April 2011
- 18 May 2010. Director of the Institute of scientific-technical Information of the Republic of Cuba (IDKIT) Carmen Sanchez and Head of the IDKIT International relations Department Lourdes Machado spent three days at the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research
- On 10 September 2008, Scientific Adviser of the President of the Republic of Cuba Prof. Fidel Castro Diaz-Balart and the Ambassador of the Republic of Cuba Juan Valdez Figueroa visited Dubna
Contact Information on the Embassies
Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Cuba:
- Embajada de la Federación de Rusia, 5-a Avenida, N 6402, entre 62 y 66, Miramar, La Habana, Cuba
Consulate General of the Russian Federación in Havana:
- Consulado General de la Federación de Rusia, 5ta. Ave. Esq. A 66, Miramar, La Habana, Cuba
General Consulate of the Russian Federación in Santiago de Cuba:
- Consulado General de la Federación de Rusia, Calle 4, esq. 7, N 202, Vista Alegre, Santiago de Cuba, Cuba